Sunday, November 2, 2008

Buck Fever!!!

It was an eventful Sunday in the Horak household - 2 bucks shot within 10 hours of each other and 50 yards of each other!!

Being Josh has been hunting for well over 20 years and this is probably his 30th+ buck he has shot - we'll move right to the important stuff :) . . . Marcy's very first deer - but not just any deer, a BUCK!!

Here is a girl who used to plug her ears when the fire trucks went by with the sirens on during a parade or still to this day, plugs her ears for fireworks on the 4th of July. Not to mention that she went through the vegetarian phase for 4 years of her life (thank goodness before she met Josh). And to top it off, she said she would NEVER have dead animals anywhere in her house. Now look what she has gone and done?!?!?! Shot a loud gun AND contributed to the hundreds of deer antlers we already have around the house (mostly in the garage thank goodness)!

I must say, it is quite a rush! Hiking to a beautiful place in the hills, sitting quietly as the sun sets and watching beautiful deer all around you. But, best of all, doing it with the person I love the most. You should have seen the look on his face when I took the shot - I don't know who was more excited, me or Josh??? For a hunter, I would think it is safe to say, there is nothing better than seeing your wife decked out in camofalge (don't worry girls, it has pink incorporated :), shooting a 22-250 and "wacking" (hunter's termonology :) a 5x5 (or as us Minnesotan's would say, "a 10 point buck").

Below are some pictures . . . As you can see, Cayel was VERY proud of his mommy!


2 comments:

Five Happy Campers said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! This is a great way of keeping everyone informed. LOVED the hunting pictures - too funny. I'm impressed. You go girl!!
Anne

Amber said...

Good job! I don't think I could do it - I am proud of YOU :-)