Monday, January 12, 2009

Learning how to ice skate . . .


Josh had a leadership class all day Saturday so I decided it would be a perfect day for some mommy and Cayel time. My co-worker had given us a pair of his son's old ice skates that he grew out of and they had been sitting in my car for the past couple of weeks waiting for a decent day (lately, it has either been 45 degrees and sloppy wet or -10 degrees and frostbite wouldn't be far fetched). Saturday was a perfect day so I decided to attempt to teach him how to ice skate (yes, the thought of making him wear his bicycle helmet crossed my mind, Josh even suggested that he wear it :).

We started out with the ice skates but Cayel was a little hesitant and afraid so I put on his tennis shoes and let him skate around that way. Once he got comfortable, he asked to have his ice skates back on - he had fun falling down, trying to stand up, falling down, trying to stand up and falling down again (over and over) . . .
Down . . .


Trying to get up . . .


Almost . . .


I have to think it was a lot of work for him because boy was I tired from trying to hold him up!


After about 30 minutes of this, he decided not to try and get up anymore and just laid down on the ice. He had so much fun and I'm thinking that if I keep taking him out to practice, that maybe someday he'll play for the Minnesota WILD :)!




After our ice skating expedition, we warmed up with some hot chocolate at Starbucks!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun day! Cute pictures (of course hard not to be with such a cute little guy to take pics of) :-) I need to get the kids out skating now that we are in a place with milder winters :-)