Thursday, April 2, 2009
Mommy, mom, mama and now BABE?!?!?!
To our dear (and now comical) little 3 year old, I have been referred to all of the following: mommy, mom, mama, even Maaaacee (when he wants to make me mad) and now, in the last couple of days, I have become babe! That's right, nothing sneaks by his dumbo ears or sponge of a brain! Josh very frequently will call me "babe" . . . whether it is a term of endearment or he is yelling at me from the basement to get my attention, I am rarely Marcy (yes, I know, it's a tough one to say :) - instead, I'm babe! The other night Josh was doing exactly that, yelling at me from the basement and because that is my biggest pet peeve, I didn't respond to him. It wasn't long and I heard Cayel making his way up the stairs yelling, "BABE, my daddy wantsded you!) I thought it would be a "one time thing" but it just happens to be Cayel's newest fetish and because I can't help but giggle, it makes it all the more fun for him to continue. Before bed last night after his prayers and kisses good night he said, "mommy babe, will you "tuddle" with me?" Then this morning when I gave him his glass of milk he thanked me by saying, "thanks babe!" Ummmm . . . okay, so maybe it's weird but I think it is so darn cute (both of my boys calling me babe) that I just can't put a stop to it. If he is 16 and still calling me babe, then maybe I will put a kabosh to it? Or maybe not:)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so funny!!! What a cutie!!
Post a Comment