Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Did you say Elk?!?!?!

It is with great pleasure (and excitement) that I blog on behalf of my wonderful hubby and share the exciting news that he drew his very first Bull Elk tag for this upcoming fall!

From the information I have been given, he is one lucky dog (as his friend called him)! Here are the statistics: 24 licenses available to applicants with 2+ years preference, lucky dog had only 3 preference points (not so lucky dogs can wait 10 or more years for this opportunity), 873 applicants with only 24 licenses means that lucky dog had a chance of 24 out of 873 or more specifically 2.75% chance of drawing a tag. Heck, if I knew he was that lucky I would have had him playing the lottery not drawing for an Elk tag!

Elk season opens October 1st and goes until October 31st. And I have been informed (as if I needed to be reminded :) that lucky dog will quite literally be living in the woods from the beginning of September until the end of October scouting, calling, hunting and harvesting his very first Bull Elk! But guess what?!?!?! He asked his wife to come with!

On a side note, if anyone ever feels like donating Cabela's gift cards or needs ideas for birthdays, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, New Years or any other holiday that may be on the calendar . . . his wife would be forever grateful :). Josh's need wish list for this hunt could entail becoming part owner of Cabela's. OUCH!!

No comments: