Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Wow, 50 years! What a special milestone for so many reasons . . . You have gone through so much . . . more than many people who live to be 100 do. Some of those things challenging. Some of those things heartbreaking. Some of those things breathtaking. Some of those things wonderful. Some of those things beautiful. But all of those things, helped shape you into the wonderful man, father, grandfather, husband and child of God you are! I love you and I hope you know how proud I am to call you Dad! You've . . . Built a business with many long and stressful years, hours, sweat and tears. Provided for your family. Supported your children. Helped raise your grandchildren. Loved your wife. Overcome addiction. Found sobriety. Sponsored recovering addicts. Mentored confirmation students. Ministered to prison inmates. Led Boy Scouts. Spread God's Word and His Love to the villages of South Africa. And found a deep and intimate relationship with your ultimate Healer and Saviour, Jesus Christ! Your story is beautiful dad and the Author knew it all along. I praise Him for your past 50 years and I pray that you are blessed with 50 more, more beautiful, more peaceful and more blessed than the previous! Thank you for being my dad . . . Happy Birthday!





1 comment:

Amber said...

what a nice post! I have always been impressed with how your dad worked hard to turn his mistakes around (and how your mom and all of you stood by him so strongly) God never wastes our mistakes (if we allow Him) He always uses them to draw us closer to Him and I am so happy for your dad and all of you that he let God do that for him.