We took a weekend and went to the river so Josh could fish and I could work on my tan and read a book, or two. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of reading done because someone made me hold a fishing pole to utilize my fishing license. Thankfully the walleyes (and huge walleyes I might add) were jumping in the boat one after the other, so I was far from bored. We caught our limit the first day by 10 o'clock in the morning and by noon the second day. If you take a look at the pictures, you'll see who caught the biggest fish of the weekend - 21 1/2 inches long and 4 pounds!
I have to give props to my hubby, he sure knows how to fish! I always thought fishing was throwing your line in and hoping a fish would bite. Who would've thought there's actually skill to this thing called fishing? $30,000 boats surrounded us and I don't think I saw a single one reel in a fish but here we were, in our new 1994 Sylvan fishing boat and we couldn't get the worms back on our hooks fast enough. He sure knows how to make fishing exciting and successful!
My parents surprised us that weekend and decided to drive over to South Dakota to meet up with us. We felt so blessed to have had that time alone with them...we laughed a lot and made some fun memories!
This past weekend, we drove to the Twin Cities for Josh's cousin's wedding. We had so much fun spending time with his extended family - it's not often that nearly the entire Horak family is together so we feel really blessed to have had that time with everyone!
And finally the two weeks have come and gone and this is who I got to check on in the wee hours of the night...
Back home in his mommy's arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment