Here is the excited Pre-Kindergartner the morning of his first day attending Black Hills Christian Academy.
Just as we were getting ready to walk out the door on his first day, he sat down holding his tummy and said, "I think I'm sick. I might "frow" up." I had to giggle at his innocence, knowing that it was nerves - I knew because I felt like I was going to "frow" up too. When I asked if he was nervous he said, "no...well maybe a little. What if friends don't like me mommy?" I fought back the tears and we said a little prayer. Our third one for the morning. My thirtieth one for the morning.
God gave both of us the courage to walk through those school doors that morning. His teacher greeted us and before she even said good morning to me, she knelt down and gave Cayel a hug and welcomed him to her tree house (her room is decorated like a tree house). That's exactly what I needed to see before I left my little baby at school. Thank you God. And it must have been exactly what Cayel needed too because in the blink of an eye he was off introducing himself to the first boy he saw. I could hear his sweet little voice say, "my name is Cayel, can I play with you?" He met a friend.
3 comments:
Oh goodness, this is making me tear up! What a big boy - making friends so easily! I'm glad no one "frew" up :)
So CUTE! He is so sweet! What a big milestone - glad you both made it through :-)
Oh how cute!! Wish I could tell you it gets easier with each passing year, but it just seems to get harder - each year a step closer to graduation and a step further away from you. But, there are advantages too - you'll see!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment